Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ashley and David's Wedding

On a beautiful June afternoon, surrounded by jasmine vines and tucked in the hills, celebrated by family and friends, my brother and his new wife Ashley were married. The wedding ceremony, which the couple wrote themselves, was heartfelt and I was glad to have been their officiant. David had composed a special song by which Ashley walked down the aisle. David's groomsmen were all friends from childhood and high school, as were Ashley's bridesmaids, which I thought was quite meaningful.

I have about a million more pictures on my Facebook, but here are just a few.


David and his beautiful bride.


Introducing Mr. and Mrs. David Matics

Katie went with us to have our hair done yesterday morning. This was her first time in a salon, and she loved it!
Yes, she is pretty cute---I'll admit it. ;-) She really loved her hair.


David and Ashley during the toasts.


With my brother before the ceremony.





Getting ready to go to Whispering Oaks.



Matics-Horne-Lambert cousins, old and new. Family is the foundation on which we build.



Daddy and Katie before the ceremony.



I love this picture! This was taken during David and Ashley's first dance ("You're the Inspiration"). They are so in love. My brother keeps his emotions pretty close to him, but here I could really see just how happy and in love he is. She brings out the best in him.

The bride chose cupcakes for her wedding, and they were delicious. We had red velvet, chocolate, and funfetti (funfetti cake has been my brother's birthday cake for almost his whole life). I loved that personal and sentimental touch.
What a lovely day and such good memories... It really was a perfect June wedding, and I love outdoor venues. I think Ashley's family, in planning the wedding, really captured much of the essence of the couple---and I think that is so important. The best weddings I have attended are the unique ones, the ones that tell you more about the inner spirit of the couple.
My brother is MARRIED! Wowza!