Monday, January 11, 2010

Roses and Rememberance

It was fitting that we ate our lunch by Nana's roses today, as two new pink buds bloomed in the warm winter weather. Three years ago, we planted Uncle Eric's ashes there, to become part of something living and beautiful again. I wish Katie could have known him, but they were souls passing in the night: she was conceived a month after he passed away from us. He invented so many of our family expressions/neologisms, and I will make sure she knows that and knows of him, a larger-than-life character who brought so much joy to my childhood. We miss you, Uncle Eric, but I promise you will never be forgotten.

Aunt Debbie and my cousins were also there with us, and we spent time in the front yard playing tag and tickle. Katie also had fun pretending to be Nana's cat, Boxer. She has such a vivid imagination!

So it was a beautiful day...

Mommy and Katie ready for a trip to Nana's...


Playing on Nana's front lawn...

Katie playing in one of my favorite childhood spots...



Amie gives Katie a flight...


Happy Katie and her Great-Aunt Debbie...