Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Eight

Here is my version of the new blogging meme, The Eight----also known as: a way to avoid packing and diddle around until Kate wakes up. ;-)


8 Things I am Looking Forward to:

1. Completing our move!
2. Our 3 year anniversary
3. Picking blueberries with Katie and Amie
4. Violet's birthday party
5. The birth of Steve and Carol's baby and meeting him and Marguerite's newest daughter
6. The Class of 2008 A.P. reunion at our house
7. Humphrey's by the Bay this summer: Heart, Moody Blues, Crosby/Stills/Nash
8. Summer birthdays and July 4th and all kinds of family and friend parties!

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Shared breakfast with a favorite teacher
2. Put away more clothes and kitchen items
3. Packed, packed, packed
4. Had a cuddly cozy time reading with Kate
5. Listened to the afternoon breeze
6. Watched snails, roly polies, hummingbirds, and ants
7. Wondered
8. Colored with Kate

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:

1. Be in multiple locations at one time like Dr. Manhattan
2. Develop the transporter and beam my household over to the new home
3. Realistically: draw animals better for Katie's enjoyment
4. Understand the mysteries of the Universe
5. Realistically: figure out how to make this year's Father's Day memorable for Bill and Dad
6. Realistically: work on cultivating my friendships more (an area of constant improvement)
7. Make everyone live with me forever
8. Realistically: figure out a way to make money from home, and then follow through on it

8 Books I Would Like to Finish Reading Before I Die:

1. All of Shakespeare
2. The Blank Slate (Steven Pinker)
3. Taking your suggestions here...
4. Anathem (Neal Stephenson)
5. More of the Dictionary (Merriam-Webster)
6. Paradise Lost (one of the only English majors/teachers in the world who hasn't read this)
7. The whole Bible
8. The book I want to write...

8 Friends to tag (good luck):

If you are reading this, and have a tendency toward these kinds of things, then have fun!