Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blueberries of Bluest Blue

Last year we discovered a charming and family-friendly u-pick blueberry farm down a hidden dirt path, tucked away from the bustle of Temecula. What a local treasure! Kate was seven months old when my mom and I picked a few pints last year and she spent most of the time snoozing in her stroller. This year, however, she was able to join us with her own bucket. Watching her delight made my heart soar! I love pure activities like this: family, sunshine, productivity, and fun all at once. We picked three pints and my mom picked four pints, and we have yet to decide what to do with them. My mom suggested a blueberry crumble; I am thinking of some muffins. My favorite treat in all the world this time of year is a handful of those fresh blueberries over vanilla frozen yogurt Hagen Dazs, topped with blueberry pollinated honey from the local bees. Sticky, sweet, blue, yummy cold clumps of heaven...

Blueberry Girl is ready with her bucket...



Walking toward the blueberry bushes...

Down the first row...


Learning the fruits of diligence

We will find and pick the blue ones...



There's some!



Precision with her little fingers...




Blueberry love



Picking with Amie.



I love you, little Blueberry Girl!